Sunday, April 19, 2015

Nina's Last Bite

           






            I’ve always been a huge fan of the Vampire Diaries and unfortunately, Nina Dobrev, the actress who plays the shows main character Elena Gilbert, is leaving.  I never understand why they do that.  I know a lot of the time, people want to move on to “bigger and better” things, but you’re the freaking main character!  It just seems rude to me.  I kind of feel like this situation is different, though.  Since like the third season of the show, it’s been different along with Nina’s character.  Even then, I think she should stay until the show ends.  She apparently always saw her character’s storyline as a six-season adventure.  I don’t see how they can make “Elena” exit the show! I think the only way they can achieve that is to kill her off.  Not only is Nina leaving, but also Michael Trevino who plays Tyler Lockwood.  Come on!
            
            Nina had a lake house party after announcing that she was leaving the show.
"Dearest TVD Family, I've just spent the most beautiful weekend on Lake Lanier in Georgia with my own TVD Family, the cast and crew of The Vampire Diaries. I want to be the first to tell you that it wasn't just a holiday celebration, it was a goodbye party" .

Her and some of TVD cast celebrated and embraced the goodbye.  That show has made me cry on several separate occasions, so I don’t know what to do with myself now.  I don’t know how the show will continue without her and the stories she was in.  The epic story the show follows is the relationship between Elena and the two Salvatore brothers, Stefan and Damon (portrayed by Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder). 
            
            There have been a few rumors that have accused Nina of leaving because of her ex and costar Ian Somerhalder.  They broke up two years ago and he’s engaged to Twilight star, Nikki Reed.  From Nina’s Instagram, she and Ian are on good terms as they wrap up their final scenes together. 
            
            She shared the sweetest post with her other not-in-real-life lover Paul Wesley about her leaving.

            
            It’s going to be sad not seeing her (and Michael) on the show but I do hope the best for them and you can bet that I’ll be rewatching the show often to relive the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment