Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Difference Between Dislike and Insanity

            I can’t find a way to communicate to both sides of every argument or relate to every story or topic, but I can’t help the sick feeling I had in my stomach when I read this article, or the feeling I have now typing this.  I believe in equality for all, including the sexuality of a person and who they are.  I can't try to relate to the other side.  I don’t know if this is a real thing that was actually proposed or could be processed, but even the thought of shooting someone in the head or “any other convenient way” because of who they are is utter insanity.  I have no respect for anyone who votes for that cause.  It’s not only cruel, but inhumane.  I don’t have words to describe what I’m feeling, and I can't imagine the feelings of someone who is homosexual.

            
             I know people who are homophobic and I know people who are homosexual.  Everyone is entitled to believe or be what they want, but it’s the actions people chose to take that can define who they are.  I think the legalization of the proposal is a long-shot, but even so, the fact that the idea was proposed makes me lose hope for this world.  I understand not everyone supports gay rights or same-sex marriage, but this is too far.  What are these people trying to do?  Shoot down amazing people in the world like Ellen DeGeneres?  I don’t think so.  This is barbaric and takes homophobia up ten times.  I understand people’s religion influence their views on what’s right and what’s wrong, and maybe it isn’t even religion and it’s just their views.  Looking at it though, would you feel better killing someone because you don’t like the way they’re wired?  Some people might think the same about you for thinking such cruel thought and better yet, proposing it to the state of California.  You know what this makes me think of?  The Purge.  It was a good movie in my opinion, but it was a MOVIE and I don’t want it to become REALITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment